Carbon Nanotubes | Image Resource: gaia3d.co.uk
A carbon nanotube is the allotrope of the chemical element such as the other allotropes of coal, diamond, graphite, and much more. When it comes to nanotubes of carbon, it is generally understandable that the element is formed in a lengthy tube shape. Various carbon nanotubes are designed divergently to make the products versatile for multiple utilities.
Same as carbon element, the nanotubes look absolute cylindrical shape of hexagonal polymer form when it is visualized under the microscopic status. Ultra-fine nanotubes are crafted technically with the double wall and single wall according to the requirements of the applications. Carbon nanotubes are generally used in connecting the internal devices of variety types of machinery that contain extremely advanced technology.
Carbon nanotubes are getting higher in demand when it comes to applying in the fields of electronics, material science, latest automation and more. Unprecedented attributes enhance the potentiality of the carbon nanotubes, no matter it is single or double walled. Here some more details about the carbon nanotubes’ properties and utilities are described with genuine information.
Some specific details of single-walled carbon nanotubes
Single-walled carbon nanotubes are formed by a single lattice where the diameter is much lesser and so such nanotubes are extremely fine. Some of the features are absolutely different from the double-walled carbon containing nanotubes. Here check out the unique attributes of single-walled carbon nanotubes which are as follows:
- Single nanotubes are designed with semiconductive features.
- All the single-walled carbon nanotubes have band gap fluorescence effect.
- The cylindrical micelles are formed appropriately and intact with each other specifically.
- Such nanotubes show absorption, as well as emission of spectra.
- Amazing spectra feature only can be seen when single-walled carbon nanotubes put in lesser than pH level 5.
Information about double-walled carbon nanotubes
Double-walled carbon nanotubes are much different from the single-walled carbon nanotubes although some features are common in both. Such carbon nanotubes are mostly likable as multi-wall carbon containing nanotubes.
Here some features of carbon nanotubes that contain double wall are listed with appropriate information briefly:
- Double-walled Carbon nanotubes are designed with simplest archetypical manifestation.
- Such carbon nanotubes are dense enough and contain a huge number of carbon micelles.
- Dual lattice is intact with each other with specific carbon bonding.
- The stability of such carbon nanotubes is much higher and electronic structure is finely arranged.
- Double walled carbon nanotubes are also very good when it comes to transport property.
Get some details about the applications of carbon nanotubes
The utilities of both types of carbon nanotubes are diverse although it differs as per the technical requirements. Here get the points below as some of the utilization details are listed with the brief discussion. Just take a look:
- In the field of biomedical science, the usage of both types of nanotubes is extreme.
- For shielding electromagnetic devices, the requirement of double-walled carbon nanotubes is high.
- For crafting tennis racket or the rims of bikes, both types of carbon nanotubes are used.
- For various medical implanting, the requirement of double-walled carbon nanotubes is high enough.
- For the anodes of lithium-battery, single-walled carbon nanotubes are needed.
Apart from all these utilities, more requirements on versatile fields are extreme of carbon nanotubes.